Congratulations to your student on making the decision to study abroad. We hope it will be an exciting, fulfilling, and transformative experience.
Education abroad will allow your students to learn about another country firsthand, while also fostering success, independence, and academic growth.
UT offers a variety of study abroad programs and many resources for assisting students with selecting the option that best meets their individual needs. In addition to online resources, the Programs Abroad Office employs both student and professional staff with international experience. We also host a biannual study abroad fair as well as daily general information sessions during the academic year.
If you have questions at any stage of this experience, we encourage you to communicate with your student about your interests and concerns. We also invite you to explore the resources found on this website. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact the Programs Abroad Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-3177.
For some helpful tips and tools on the study abroad process, financial planning, travel safety, cultural adjustment, and more, visit these pages:
- Start here: Advising
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Health & Safety
- Culture Shock
- Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some helpful resources for supporters and family members:
- Department of State Guide for Students Abroad
- Advice for Parents (Please note that only programs listed on this website are approved for UT students.)
- What Parents Need to Know About Student Study Abroad
- A Parent Guide to Study Abroad
- A Readjustment Manual for Parents: A Handbook for Parents of Students Returning Home from Studying Abroad
- University of Tennessee Parents and Families Association
- Faculty-Directed Frequently Asked Questions Student Guide