Skip to content
Ayres Hall

Visa Information

As a non-degree seeking student, you will need to apply for a J-1 visa in advance of your arrival to the U.S. The visa application will require an appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate withing your jurisduction, a DS-2019*, SEVIS fee, and documents showing financial support while at the University of Tennessee. For more information about J-1 visas, please visit our International Support Services Visa Application and J-1 Student Immigration pages.

*If you are coming to UT through a UT exchange program, your DS-2019 will be issued by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. If you are coming to UT through ISEP, the ISEP Central Office will issue your DS-2019.


The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.

Report an accessibility barrier.Privacy.