Exchange students at the University of Tennessee will have certain expenses (tuition and fees, housing, and/or meals) covered depending on the agreement with the student’s home university. See below for a full list of our university’s current international exchange partnerships. Before applying, make sure to check with your home institution’s international office to verify which costs are covered as a part of your student exchange.
If housing and meals are not included as a part of your student exchange, it will be your responsibility to ensure that you have proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of these items to secure your visa. Housing and meal plan costs are updated by their respective UT offices – usually in the summer (June – August) of the year proceeding the start of the Academic Year.
- All students are housed on-campus in Clement Hall. You can find housing costs published by UT Housing here.
- Meal plan costs and rates are published online by VolDining.
If the costs for these items have not yet been updated for your term of study, please add an additional 10 percent to the previous term’s cost. The additional 10 percent estimate included on your financial certification should be sufficient to cover possible increases and, at the same time, allow us to process your completed application. Please note that actual costs are subject to change.
Additionally, keep in mind that there may be additional costs that are the student’s financial responsibility during the student’s study period such as:
- Health Insurance coverage, which is mandatory during study at UT. More information, options for a waiver, and costs can be found online on the Student Health Center website.
- Books and supplies
- Any personal expenses
Below, you can find a list of UT’s current student exchange partners. If your home institution is not listed below, you may inquire with UT’s International Admissions Team to discuss potential avenues for study at UT: https://admissions.utk.edu/apply/international-students/
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Chuo University
- Chung-Ang University
- City University of Hong Kong
- Danish School of Journalism
- Duale Hochschule Baden-Wurttemberg
- E. Geppert Academy of Art and Design
- Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Heriot Watt University
- IAAD: Bauhaus University Weimar
- International Christian University
- Kansai Gaidai University
- Keele University
- KEDGE Business School
- Kobe University
- Krakow University of Technology
- Kühne Logistics University
- Macquarie University
- Mahidol University International College
- Politecnico di Torino
- Robert Gordan University
- Sichuan University
- Stenden University
- Swansea University
- Tsinghua University
- Toyo University
- University of Bonn
- University of Canberra
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University of Kent
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of New South Wales
- University of Nottingham
- University of Nottingham – Ningbo
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Worcester
- Waseda University
- WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management