Are you ready to elevate your Volunteer experience through global engagement?
That’s great, because the Programs Abroad team is here to support you every step of the way. We hold in-person and virtual advising, no appointment needed!
In-Person Walk-in Advising
- When: Monday-Friday: 11am-5pm EST
- Where: 1620 Melrose Ave, G101 between Hodges Library and Hess Hall!
Virtual Drop-in Advising (by breakout rooms in Zoom):
- When: Tuesdays: 10-11:30am EST or Wednesdays: 2-3:30pm EST
- Where: Zoom Link: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/82439343956
ROOM 1: (Group Advising) “Where Do I Start?” 101 🤔
This is your room If you…
- want to learn about our programs.
- are curious if there is a program for your degree.
- feel overwhelmed or are not familiar with how to navigate our search portal.
- have general questions: How does getting course-credit work? How do finances work? Are there scholarships? What is the process of applying and getting accepted into a program? Etc.
ROOM 2: (Waiting Room): Q&A On My Program/Application ☕📖
This is a 1-on-1 session – we admit one student at a time into Room 3 to work together on specifics such as:
- question about your application status or program
- need to complete advising requirement of your application.
ROOM 3 (By invite only): Q&A On My Program/Application
“So how do I go abroad?”
Below are the 3 steps to help you increase the trajectory of your future through global engagement. If our #VolsAbroad Experiences have shown us anything, it is that the work is worth it!
Explore Options to go abroad using the Program Search on our website. Try to consider your personal, professional and academic goals with questions like “How long do I want to be abroad?”, “Is there a language learning component/barrier?” and “What living situation options am I willing to explore?”
Overwhelmed? No worries! Our friendly staff and student Peer Advisors are here to help. Join us for in-person or virtual advising. No appointment needed!
Once you’ve completed the “Explore Options” phase, fill out the Advising Application below with 1-3 programs you’re interested in learning more about. From there, you’ll be able to Find Direction by completing our interest form to start the process to go abroad!
Haslam College of Business Students – Click these instructions here to schedule an advising appointment.
Once you’ve started the application process, visit OneStop to see how your current financial aid package can be applied to your selected program abroad by sharing the term you plan to go, whether the credits you plan to take are degree-applicable and any additional financial aid and scholarships you plan to use to Fund Dreams and go abroad!Funding Opportunities
Withdrawal Policy for UT Faculty Directed Programs
**For UT students applying to go abroad starting fall semester 2023 and beyond.**
I understand that in order to withdraw from an abroad program after committing, regardless of reason, I must submit written notification to the Programs Abroad Office. My withdrawal will not be official until I submit written notification as outlined above. I understand that notifying the program leader, provider, or any other university official is not sufficient, nor is simply dropping the associated class(es) on myUTK.
I understand that by committing to participate in an abroad program, the Programs Abroad Office has agreed to incur expenses on my behalf. I understand and accept responsibility for all associated fees* as described below, even if I have withdrawn prior to these charges being billed to my account:
- $175 non-refundable Global Programs Administrative Fee
- The Global Programs Administrative Fee, charged to every UT student who participates in an abroad program, is used to support development of new global program opportunities.
- You will see this fee reflected on your myUTK account. By signing this document you acknowledge that after you commit to participate on your program, the Global Programs Administrative Fee is non-refundable unless the program is canceled.
- 100% of the Faculty-Directed Abroad Program Fee
*Tuition and fees for UT Faculty-Directed abroad programs are assessed and billed separately according to the Tuition and Fee Details published online by UTK’s OneStop.
The Programs Abroad Office may be able to recoup full or partial costs associated with the Faculty-Directed Abroad Program Fee and reduce charges accordingly. However, if I withdraw, regardless of reason, I acknowledge that full or partial refunds for the Faculty-Directed Abroad Program Fee are never guaranteed and I am ultimately responsible for the entirety of this fee.
If I withdraw from the program prior to the session’s first day, I understand that it is my responsibility to withdraw from my course(s) in myUTK and that I will receive a full refund of tuition and course fees. If I withdraw after the session’s first day, refunds for recoverable tuition and course fees will be based on the university calendar.