As a Business Analytics major, students should adhere to the following criteria in major course selection for study abroad:
- 3 out of 9 credit hours of Business Analytics elective coursework can be taken abroad
- Business Analytics elective coursework should focus on statistics or business analytics and develop specific analytical techniques using statistics software
- Coursework must be upper division (300 – 400 level equivalent)
*Students should meet with an International Programs and Study Abroad (IPSA) advisor to receive final approval for Business Analytics coursework.
Other types of courses available for study abroad include:
- General education (ethics, arts & humanities, non-business electives)
- Pre-business core (MGT 202, ECON 211 & 213, STAT 201 equivalents)
- Business core (BULW 301, FINC 301, BUAD 332 equivalents)
- Foreign language (HCB requires completion through intermediate level)
- Collateral / concentration
The following are examples of possible major elective courses available.
*This is not an exhaustive list.
- Search Engine Marketing
- Big Data Analysis
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Time Series and Forecasting
Students interested in pursuing Business Analytics elective coursework while abroad should consider:
- Students are only able to take Business Analytics elective coursework after completion of their tracking courses, which is typically after Sophomore year.
- Business Analytics majors are able to go abroad after their first semester of Freshman year if they are only taking general elective courses or Pre-Business core courses.
- Students should not consider studying abroad their final semester at UT, if they hope to graduate in May due to the delay in transcript processing.
Selecting Your Collateral/Concentration
Another option of courses to take abroad are through your collateral/concentration. Please refer to your Haslam Student Handbook for all possible combinations.
The International Business (IB) concentration offers the most flexibility in course availability. Please note:
- All 12 credit hours of IB elective coursework can be taken abroad.
- Business coursework that is international in scope and upper division (300-400 level) can be counted as an IB elective.
- IB courses give students the opportunity to pursue country or region-specific coursework that offers unique insight into international business practices.
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list. Other programs available through our website may also be viable options.
Business Analytics Major Guide (PDF version)
(University of Sydney)
|Program Type: UT Exchange
Program Location: Nigbo, China
Program Features: Internship placements available: Volunteer opportunities; Student clubs & organizations
*Unique scholarship opportunities available
|Program Type: UT Affiliate
Program Location: Sydney, Australia
Program Feature: Internship placements available; Student clubs & organizations
|Quick Look: Enjoy a culturally enriching educational experience in China while taking classes at a globally ranked university within the UK academic system. Study in Ningbo, a 7000-year-old city that grew from a small fishing village to an international city of business, culture and entertainment.
|Quick Look: Established in 1850, USYD is Australia’s first university and its focus on academic excellence & innovative technology have earned it a place in the prestigious Group of 8 as well as AACSB, EQUIS and WA accreditation. USYD is well connected by public transit to the Sydney Harbour, providing city fun & beach sun at your doorstep.
|Program Type: UT Affiliate
Program Location: Gold Coast, Australia
|Quick Look: The Gold Coast is famous for its surf beaches, national parks, waterways, mountain ranges, and highly accredited universities. Students will study at Bond University, Australia’s first private, not-for-profit university that is nationally recognized for having the smallest student to staff ratio.